Killer AB Exercises
Let’s face it, the ABS are really one of the most attractive body parts of the human anatomy. I mean, just look at the abs, they’re staring anyone front and center. A lot of models out there have really good looking, 6-pack abs. But, you don’t have to stare at them, because you too, can achieve washboard abs!
I will tell you some killer AB exercises that work. But before you do them, always make a mental note to yourself that no matter how hard the exercises are, you will do them without any questions and reservations. You have to be determined in doing these exercises because this is for you.
With that out of the way, let’s dive right into the Killer AB exercises.
- Planking. You may have heard of it from a friend or a gym instructor. Planking is one of the best AB exercises there is. Not only will it enhance your core muscles, but it will also help you get those washboard abs you’ve always dreamed of!
- Side Planks. In relation to planking, Side planks have also been proven to help you get those highly coveted abs. When you look at abs from bodybuilders, you will see that their side abs are also well-shaped. Side Planks will help you strengthen your core as well as it makes sure that your side abs are getting attention as well.
- Figure 8. The Figure 8 is a killer AB exercise because it mostly hits your lower abdominals. You do this by lying on the floor with both your feet raised up. Slowly draw the number 8 on the air. Each number 8 you draw is one rep. Aim to have at least 8-10 reps per set.
- Pull Ups. Pulls ups is one of the best body-weight exercises out there because it targets a lot of muscle groups per rep, including your abs. I know that Pull ups are really hard to do, so do some warm up of 1-2 reps, and then start pulling up. You will eventually gain more strength over time so you can do more pull ups. Ideal rep ranges are from 6-10, 3 sets.
These Killer AB exercises should help you be on track to your goal of having 6-pack abs. But, here are some bonus tips to further your progress and attain those abs in a short amount of time:
- Eat Lean Protein. A lot of people think that eating protein is detrimental for getting abs, but they’re highly mistaken. You see, abs are just muscles, and when you have more muscle than body fat, your abs will show and that is a guarantee. Be sure to eat a lot of lean protein during the day.
- Target your Lower Abs. It’s easy to fall prey into thinking that only the upper abdominals count. But that is also wrong! Target your lower abs too, and I assure you, your core will thank you for it.
- Getting Abs Takes Time. No matter how many self-made gurus will talk you into getting abs in a week or so, that is just unfounded. Getting abs takes time, that is why at the start of the article, I told you to have the determination to continue pushing forward. Remember, you have to have the slowly but surely approach if you want to get abs.
There you have it. I hope that these tips will help you get on track on the road to getting 6-pack abs.