hCG Diet Chicken and Broccoli Salad
Chicken is one of the preferred proteins to eat when you’re on the hCG diet. That is because chicken (without the skin) is one of the healthiest proteins available.
It only contains a few calories and when you have the skin removed, it contains only a little bit of fat and cholesterol as well.
The thing about chicken is that it can get bland, especially if you do not know how to cook it with finesse.
So today, I am going to share with you a healthy and nutritious chicken dish that will surely give you the right nutrients to give you energy throughout the day.
Without further ado, here are the ingredients that you will need in order to cook the hCG Diet Chicken and Broccoli Salad:
- 250g thin-stemmed broccoli
- 2 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 3 skinless chicken breast
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g bag watercress
- 2 raw beetroots (about 175g), peeled and julienned or grated
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
For the avocado pesto
- small pack basil
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 crushed garlic cloves
- 25g walnut halves, crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil
- juice and zest 1 lemon
- Get a large pan and put it with enough water to accommodate the broccoli. Add the broccoli in the pan and allow it to cook for a good 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, drain the boiling hot water and immediately shock the broccoli by submerging it in ice cold water. This is to stop the cooking process.
- Next, get a griddle pan and put the broccoli inside with 1/2 a teaspoon of the grapeseed oil and cook it for 2-3 minutes. Make sure to turn them so each side has a griddle mark. After cooking, allow it to cool.
- Brush the chicken with the grapeseed oil and season it properly. Cook it in the griddle pan for a good 3-4 minutes on each side or until it is cooked all the way through. Allow it to rest for a while after cooking and then slice into chunky pieces.
- The next thing you should do is make the avocado pesto. Place all of the ingredients for the pesto in a food processor and blitz it until it is smooth. For the remaining lemon juice, pour it over the sliced onions and leave it there for a couple of minutes.
- Next, get a big plate and start placing the watercress first, then the broccoli, then the beetroot, and then the chicken. Top them with the basil leaves, nigella seeds, and lemon zest and serve it with avocado pesto. Serve and Enjoy!
The hCG Diet Chicken and Broccoli Salad takes only 30 minutes to cook and it is very easy to do. Although there are a lot of steps, even people who do not have experience cooking will be able to make this dish without problems.
Since this dish requires a lot of ingredients, it contains a lot of calories (300 calories per serving). This means that the hCG Diet Chicken and Broccoli Salad is perfect for phase 3 of the hCG diet.