hCG Diet Barbacoa-Style Shredded Beef
So I was watching this show on the TLC channel and it was about a guy who watched Mexicans cook a dish that was cooked in a Barbacoa-style.
Barbacoa is a term used for slow-cooking meats. Sometimes, the meats get wrapped in some form of edible leaves and then buried in the ground to cook.
Now, what makes Barbacoa-style foods great is that because of the way the meats are cooked, over time, the meats get so flavorful. That is the beauty of slow-cooking.
Most Barbacoa-style foods, however, are laden with too many calories and if you’re on the hCG diet, that is a big no-no.
So, why not tweak some things so you can have a barbacoa-style dish that is perfect for phase 3 of the hCG diet?
That is what we’re going to do today. I will share with you an amazing recipe that’s called the hCG Diet Barbacoa-Style Shredded Beef.
This entails a lot of cooking hours because of the nature of the cooking method we will use but I assure you guys, this dish is so heavenly.
So, if you want to get started, here are all the ingredients that you will need:
2-4 Pounds of Chuck Roast
- 1/2 Chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Lime (or Lemon) Juice
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 4 cloves Garlic, smashed
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Cloves or Allspice
- 1 Cup of Beef Broth
- Bay Leaves
- Put all of the Puree ingredients inside a food processor and puree it.
- Pour over the Chuck Roast and make sure that the meat and the puree get well incorporated.
- Pour your beef broth on top of the roast and also drop some Bay leaves for added flavor.
- This is where the tedious process begins as you will wait for 7 hours to cook this dish.
- After 7 hours, get a fork and start shredding the meat. Don’t worry, because of the slow cooking process, the meat should fall right off without any resistance.
- After shredding the meat put it back to the pan with all of the sauce and let it cook for another 2-3 hours (the longer, the better).
- The key here is to put the cooker on the lowest possible setting.
- After 2-3 hours of cooking the beef, it is time to serve!
Now, the hCG Diet Barbacoa-Style Shredded Beef may be inconvenient for some because of the amount of cooking time. The good thing about this dish is that you can simply cook this in your spare time and put it in the fridge afterward. Then, all you have to do is reheat it and you’re good! This dish should be okay for at least 4 days.
The hCG Diet Barbacoa-Style Shredded Beef is great-tasting and I really encourage you to try it. Remember, because of the increased calorie content, this dish is only safe to consume if you’re already in phase 3 of the hCG diet.